Hola. Soy Julie. Bienvenidos a Vozcu.
If you are learning Spanish (whether starting from scratch or wanting to learn more)…then you are in the right place.
I’m a Spanish enthusiast, world traveler and internet nerd who loves all things web and graphic design. Oh and I also love stories.
However, this website isn’t just about me. It’s about all of us! This is our place to learn and to share and to be a community. We are all Spanish enthusiasts and we are all on this language learning journey together.
I created this learning space so we can evolve the art of learning and communicating in Spanish. Together we can accomplish this through sharing stories as well as thoughtful exchange of ideas, information and inspiration. With your help, we can make this the best place to learn Spanish online.
Why not? Stories are fun and entertaining and they also help me remember because I am relaxed and entertained and totally captivated. Besides, most of my conversations consist of stories. Seriously! I have a story for everything! Anyone who knows me knows that I will tell you about a time when…Not only that it has been proven that stories help you learn language.
So let’s take a break from our busy and hectic lives and get lost in a story for a few minutes.
My Learning Philosophy
- We are all capable of learning a second (or third, fourth or fifth language) language. After all, we at least know one language.
- Learning Spanish should be fun, stress-free and you should be as relaxed as possible.
- Anybody can learn a second language. You already learned at least one language. Why wouldn’t you be able to learn another?
- The most effective way to learn Spanish is by listening and reading compelling content that you completely understand. When you hear it or read it, it should feel effortless. So be sure to listen and read often. Also the more repetition the better. That way you aren’t just memorizing vocabulary lists (who actually remembers those long lists anyway? I know I don’t.) You are actually acquiring the structures and vocabulary just like a baby does and storing it into your long term memory. When you speak and write the language will flow so much easier and will really be cemented into your long term memory.
- You can learn Spanish for free or almost for free. Learning Spanish doesn’t have to be expensive. There’s no need to spend your hard-earned money on expensive software when you have tons of resources available online for free or very cheap.